The Belgian Health Care Knowledge Centre (KCE) attaches the highest importance to the protection of the privacy of the users of its site. Although most of the information is available on or via the website without visitors having to provide personal data, visitors may be requested to provide personal data. In such case, the data shall be processed in accordance with the law of 8 December 1992 on privacy protection in relation to the processing of personal data.
- personal data are collected and processed solely for the purpose of replying to a request for information submitted by the visitor;
- personal data will not be communicated to third parties nor used for marketing purposes;
- the visitor has the right to consult his personal data and to verify their accuracy and, if necessary, can correct errors. For that purpose, the visitor can contact the webmaster;
- the Belgian Health Care Knowledge Centre commits itself to put in place the best possible security protection to ensure that third parties cannot make incorrect use of the personal data communicated by the visitors of its website.
The KCE website uses several cookies :
- a cookie for an ongoing session
- a cookie for the language of the current visit
- a personal cookie for the users language during the second visit
- a cookie for the menu
- “Google Analytics” cookies
- "Matomo" cookies
To abolish the send cookies, please follow the corresponding procedure on your browser on the following webpage.
We will retain your data until you cancel your subscription to this service. You always have the right to access, delete, correct, limit, challenge and transfer your data (read more about your rights on the Commission for the Protection of Privacy website). If you have a complaint about the processing of your data, you can contact us or contact the Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
In the context of the conditional exemption from informing the person concerned in advance under the terms of article 9, §2 of the law of 8 December 1992 concerning the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data, the Sectoral Committee for health and social security (Comité sectoriel de la sécurité sociale et de la santé – hereafter CSSSS) asked the KCE to inform the general public via publication on its website. More information about : KCE procedures for using personal health data in its studies.